Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Anatomy of a Grade - Episode 13 - The Importance of Color Contrast

After a few months hiatus, I finally put together another episode of "Anatomy of a Grade", and this time I'm tackling the importance of "color contrast" in a shot. Often times, I hear DP's, directors, and producers talk about how important the "contrast" of a shot is... and while they're very correct in that the contrast of a shot is indeed very important in giving a shot its "look"; the "color contrast" of a shot or a look is often times overlooked or simply misunderstood by many as being EQUALLY AS IMPORTANT in getting the most out of a grade. In this example I look at a spin off of the ever popular "California" look and discuss how a simple attention to color contrast can really make all the difference in selling a heavily stylized look like this. Take a look!

9 comments:

  1. Hey Chris,
    This is the first time i visited your blog, I thought it was very insightfull.
    I will be browsing through your blogposts.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. It’s really very informative and nice post.
    Best Multimedia Courses
    http://www.virtualvoyage.edu.in/course/multimedia-college-indore/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this episode is fab. when you share upcoming episode?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chris,
    this post is really good and gave me good inspiration on my next video Project.

    I would love to get in touch with you to get some thought about this page best grading tools: http://s-log-lut.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Episode.Its provide me precious information for my project..Thanks
    http://www.atum.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just upgraded to High Sierra. FCP sadly greyed out. Anyway to still work with that program? Or is officially done.
    Thanks!
    Capitola Media LLC
    http://capitolamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its officially done on high sierra unfortunately. should work on sierra though if you can format another drive back to that.

      Delete
  8. Thanks Chris, really the post is so useful and informative. I just need it.
    Clipping Path Service
    Photo Editing Services
    Vector Conversion Service

    ReplyDelete